Carrying out Risk Assessments to identify potential hazards and put in to place control measures are standard practice in any UK organisation. This practice is also a legal requirement as laid down by The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulation 1992.
The Risk Assessment Course will help delegates gain the knowledge and skills required to identify work related hazards and how to assess the severity of these hazards. The course will look at different techniques of Risk Assessment and will look at how to put in appropriate control measures.
Risk Assessment Syllabus
- Main causes of accident and ill health, and their implications for people in the workplace
- Legal requirements for risk assessment
- Principles of risk assessment including:
- Hazards, risks and control measures
- The five steps to risk assessment
- The hierarchy of control
- Risk assessment review and record keeping